Helping people find, use, and buy stuff easier on the Interwebs | Geek | Knowledge Seeker
I have 15 years of experience in the digital space working with digital channels: Search, UX, Display, Web Site Optimization, Email, Social Media, and Mobile. What I do best is find optimal ways to make everything work together to achieve campaign and organizational objectives. I’m looking to work for a company where I am proud of the contributions I make, and where I won’t hesitate to promote across my personal Twitter feed.
Digital Marketing Strategy
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Social Media Marketing
Search Engine Marketing (SEM/PPC)
Real-Time Bidding (RTB)
Google Apps for Business
Adobe Creative Suite
MIAMI UNIVERSITY, Oxford, OH
August 2013 – May 2014; January 2015 – May 2015; Januray 2016 – current
Visiting Professor/Adjunct Professor Armstrong Institute for Interactive Media Studies Program – miamioh.edu
I taught classes on Usability, User Experience, Social Media and Digital Marketing, using cutting edge methodologies and tools to assist with in class instruction.
Classes taught: IMS 413 Usability and User Experience, IMS 418 Social Media Marketing, IMS 419 Digital Branding, IMS 440 Senior Capstone: Kroger VR Personalization Oculus Rift Project
- Key Win: Created a prototype/proof of concept virtual reality shopping experience application for the Oculus Rift using data from customer loyalty cards for a truly personalized shopping experience. This project was presented to high-level executives from Kroger and Tesco grocery chains and received rave reviews.
DEADSHOT DIGITAL, Cincinnati, OH
May 2013 – Present
Owner – deadshotdigital.com
Deadshot Digital is my own consulting and freelance practice; I work with small
brands and agencies to create and execute digital marketing strategies using PPC, SEO, Display, Social Media, Website Optimization, Email Marketing and UX Design
Clients: P&G, Queen City Comics, FK Diamonds, Terry Bryan Wellness & Training Center, Hyperquake, O’Keeffe PR, Axcess Financial, Boot Camp Digital, Emergency Online Training, LLC
- Key Win:Queen City Comics website redesign and SEO optimization increasing in-store year over year sale by 35%, the majority of this growth coming from new customers. Site traffic grew from approximately 250 site visits per month to over 2600 site visits per month.
QUEST DIAGNOSTICS, Cincinnati Ohio
April 2016 – Current
UX Designer (contractor) – questdiagnostics.com
At Quest I worked on developing wireframes and clickable prototypes for medical and patients applications across the internal Quest suite of products. I am also building a UX COE based on the IBM principles and have been the lead in evaluating vendors to help identify remote usability testing solutions.
- Key Wins: Helped plan, execute and evaluate a company Hackathon with over 30 developers from all over the country to create a new employee recognition system. For this project I created the planning materials and personas for teams to use, as well as acting as a UX consultant for teams looking for design help.
- Helped identify remote user testing vendor and creates process for running multiple remote user tests using InVision prototypes to help inform design decisions by gaining user insights through iterative design updates.
AXCESS FINANCIAL, Cincinnati Ohio
August 2014 – December 2014
Digital Marketing Consultant (contractor) – axcess-financial.com
At Axcess I was brought in to help optimize and streamline display, SEO, User Experience (UX), and A/B testing workflows to meet organizational goals by providing data driven strategic insights to scale the new user acquisition.
- Key Win: Created new real-time bidding (RTB) behavioral targeting models for desktop and mobile display campaigns with a Cost per Funded Loan (CPFL) under $100 beating the $350 target
INTERACTONE, Blue Ash, OH
October 2012 – May 2013
Vice President Internet Marketing – interactone.com
I oversaw and set digital strategy for clients across SEO, SEM, display, social media, mobile, content creation and email marketing, managing internal Internet Marketing direct reports. Implementing digital strategic optimization for measurable results, producing positive ROI for agency ecommerce B2B and B2C clients.
- Key Win: Materials Handling client generated a 48% year-over-year rise in site traffic from successful SEO and SEM campaigns, Campaigns saw a 9% lift in overall leads, generating record number of year-over-year online sales, with more than half of the customers coming from PPC campaigns.
LCA VISION/LASIKPLUS, Cincinnati, OH
August 2011 – October 2012
Sr. Internet Marketing Manager – lasikplus.com
Responsible for planning, implementing and growing direct response digital marketing strategies nationwide for over 40 locations, website optimization, mobile SEO, SEM, social media, email, content creation and public relations for LCA Vision’s LasikPlus and Visium Eye Institute Brands.
- Key Win: Restructured paid search account to be more relevant in search results by optimizing the account and creating better and more consistent brand with relevant search and display ads, and landing pages gaining an increase in digital channel appointment volume by roughly 45% while cutting costs by 15% through effective marketing channel mix of, social media, paid search, display marketing and website optimization.
- Grew Facebook community from less 6,000 to a community of more than 64,000 engaged evangelists, influencers and customers improving the EdgeRank score from 17 to 70
- Appointed to the inaugural Google Client Advisory Council
CINCOM SYSTEMS, Cincinnati, OH
March 2011 – August 2011
Sr. Product Marketing Specialist – Cincom Manufacturing Business Solutions – erp.cincom.com
Created digital marketing best practices for the Cincom Manufacturing Business Solutions group to generate new and viable sales leads for the Business Operation Management and ERP Solutions by creating engagement opportunities for inside sales engineers with North American manufacturers.
- Key Win: Created content strategy for the ERP blog, social media marking, direct mail, email and landing pages growing inbound leads.
IBM, Cincinnati, OH
March 2009 – March 2011
Project Coordinator | Social Media Marketing (Contractor) – System z Marketing – ibm.com
Ran event promotions via email and social media marketing, analyzing postmortem event surveys to document trends in enrollment, attendance and interests for teleconferences, webinars and trade shows)
- Key Win: Utilized Twitter and LinkedIn Groups to communicate upcoming events, news and product information to IBM System Z Mainframe enthusiasts,clients, and sales representatives generating a 60% rise in event registration and 40% rise in event attendance.
BOOT CAMP DIGITAL, Cincinnati, OH
January 2010 – November 2010
Internet Marketing Strategist (Unpaid Internship) – bootcampdigital.com
Developed strategy for business shift from a consulting focus to a highly rated training organization.
- Key Win: Optimized Boot Camp Digital Website to rank #1 for target topics base on social media training and certification.
FIDELITY INVESTMENTS Covington, KY
October 2004 – August 2008
Project Manager – fidelity.com
In the OSG Control | Forms & Applications group I managed projects maintaining a library of over 200 forms and applications for Fidelity’s Advisor and Fidelity Family Office lines of business.
- Key Win: Optimized form creation, publishing, and processing workflows to save the organization over $3 million in the first year by cutting form and application product creation cycle from120 days to 30 with new processes and tools.
FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Covington, KY
September 2003 – September 2004
Graphic Designer – fidelity.com
Designed and published 401k communication and education documents and advertisements (i.e. Investment Kits, Enrollment Guides, Posters & Postcards) for the Fidelity Core client base.
- Key Win: Created process for adding custom pages in proprietary variable printing software to meet client needs for personalization and customization.
LEXISNEXIS, Miamisburg, OH
April 2001 – June 2003
News & Finance Research Support – lexisnexis.com
Telephonic support for media outlets creating searches to bring back optimal results based on customer needs and data points.
- Key Win: Provided world-class research support to clients like MTV News.
FOX INTERACTIVE MEDIA (FOX SPORTS), New York, NY
August 2000 – November 2000
Associate Producer, Ohio Region – foxsports.com
Producer and Webmaster for the Fox Sports Ohio regional website responsible for and editorial direction and content creation for news stories about Ohio collegiate and professional sports teams.
- Key Win: Created fan engagement program for Cleveland Indians fans where if a fan’s forum question was read on-air the fan would win tickets to and upcoming Indians’ game. This resulted in the Ohio site moving up to be the #2 most visited Regional site.
Full Sail University, Winter Park FL
• Master’s of Science, Internet Marketing
o Course Director Award – Strategic Internet Public Relations
Miami University, Oxford OH
• Bachelor of Arts; English/Journalism, Interactive Media Studies
• Minor: Film Studies
Google Analytics Certification, License Available Upon Request
HootSuite Professional Certification, License Available Upon Request